Hummus is a creamy chickpea spread that comes from traditional Middle Eastern cuisine and has very well balanced flavors.
Preparation time5 Minutes
Cook time20 Minutes
Total time25 Minutes
Hummus is a delicious chickpeas spread that comes from Middle Eastern cuisine. Lemon juice gives it the typical zest, which is also what makes it so pleasant, being at the same time very well balanced.
The original recipe calls for the use of dried chickpeas, to be previously soaked for 24 hours. But canned chickpeas guarantee a good result… and much more quickly!
- 300 gr canned chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Tahini sauce (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Drain the canned chickpeas (If you prefer to use the dried chickpeas, put them to soak for 24 hours, then boil and drain).
- Add the cumin powder, tahini sauce, the juice of two lemons, salt, oil and pepper.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Before serving the spread, add some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice as a finishing touch and... enjoy!