Richness of flavour, perfect with a glass of red wine!
Servings4 servings serves
Preparation time30 Minutes
Cook time2 Hours 30 Minutes
Total time3 Hours
Ribollita is originally a peasant food, typical of the Tuscan countryside: the name literally means “boiled again”, as it comes from an old custom: leftovers from the meal used to be kept in a pot, and placed in the stove, then cooked a second time, on the following day, so to reuse all food.
The richness of flavors and wonderful aromas, result of a long cooking time, will be a sure reward.
- 200 gr. Savoy Cabbage
- 200 gr. Kacubati kale
- 50 gr. Extra-Vergin Olive Oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 200 gr. Cannellini beans
- 100 gr. ham
- 80 gr. tinned plum tomatoes
- as needed vegetable broth
- 100 gr. Stale bread
- tir fry the onion, carrot, celery, ham and rosemary (finely chopped).
- When golden brown, add the cabbage and kale (sliced in short strips) the tomatoes and some vegetable broth.
- After about an hour of cooking, add the beans and the bread (in slices).